The Department of Architecture is an internationally acclaimed learning community engaging in exemplary architectural education, rigorous research and scholarship, and strengthening links to the professional and university communities, and the broader community.
The Department of Architecture is:
• Educating its students to become effective practitioner in the profession of architecture.
• Enriching the understanding of architecture as a broad humanistic and scientific discipline through sound training and multidisciplinary education.
• Creating community figures that are able to meet the demands of a changing profession with technical skills that are complemented by personal vision, ethical persuasiveness, and entrepreneurial drive.
• Advancing scholarly knowledge through research and active collaboration with professional and academic communities.
• Assisting the local community through mutual collaboration and addressing areas of communal interest.